Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Let's Dance?!

How are you staying active in October?  The weather has been up and down, warm and cold, sunny and rainy, and everything in between! I've been struggling to find things to do inside during days and days of rain!  You too?  Some days I've taken my dog for a walk, other days I've raked the yard (many, many times due to the wind!), and still other days I've found myself at the local YMCA going for a jog and lifting some weights. 

As I get to the Y my attention is always drawn to the studio room where I can see people smiling, laughing, and DANCING to loud, fun music.  I must admit that some days I go home and pull up You Tube (kids- you should ALWAYS have parent permission before you go to any website, especially You Tube) and find Zumba or hip hop dances on there that teach you how to dance, step-by-step. 

Below you will find some kid friendly dances that I found on You Tube.  Click away and dance with your kids in the living room- even if the dog looks at you funny (like mine does!).

A step, by step, dance how to for kids! (Hip hop themed!)

Let's Move! Interlude dance with Michelle Obama and Govenor Branstad (and 14,000 Iowan kids!)

Just Dance for Kids- Despicable Me song 

Other good dance songs- The Cha Cha Slide, the YMCA, The Hokey Pokey, and Cupid Shuffle, just to name a few.

If you don't want your kids on You Tube, then just turn on the radio and make up your own dance!  Each station will give you a different type of music and then you can create your own line dance, hip hop dance, slow dance and everything in between!

Remember, being "good" at dancing isn't important- it's important that you TRY YOUR BEST and HAVE FUN!!!!

(P.S.  Just so you know- I am human too.  In fact I am writing this blog from my couch today due to walking phenomena.  Staying active is important, but eating healthy and getting enough rest is just as important.  So, as colds are passed around make sure you wash your hands, eat fruits and veggies, stay active, and REST!)

No comments:

Post a Comment