Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Good Deals at Your Grocery Store

Let me start off by saying that we have NO affiliation or connection to ANY grocery stores in the Cedar Rapids area.  I have personal preferences for where I shop for my groceries and truthfully it depends on what I'm buying (I go different places for produce then I do for meat for example). 

That being said, the mission of this blog is to give you the tools to make good food decisions and I'm always trying to get good deals.  I know fresh produce is expensive and that it deters people from buying it. A hint I can give you when buying fresh produce is to buy what's in season because not only will it be cheaper but it will also taste better. So this blog post is dedicated to some good deals on some healthy foods, especially ones that are currently in season!


Target: (Their ad runs from Sunday October 7th-Saturday October 13th)
- Honey Crisp Apples: $4.99 for 3 pounds of apples (which is approximently 9 apples)
- Red Seedless Grapes: $1.69 per pound

http://weeklyad.target.com/cedar-rapids-ia-52402/pages#1


Walmart: (Their ad is from Sunday October 7th- Saturday October 13th too)
- Nature's Own Whole Grain Bread: $1.98 per loaf
http://localad.walmart.com/Walmart/Entry/Flash?storeref=2716&forceview=y


Hy Vee: (Their ad runs from Tuesday October 9th- Monday October 15th)
- Washington Royal Gala apples: $1.28 per pound (approximently 2-3 apples depending on size)
-Sweet Midnight Oranges: $1.28 per pound
-Avocados: $1 per avocado
-Kandy Cantaloupe: $2.48 per cantaloupe
-Baby Carrots: 99 cents per pound
-Cauliflower: $1.99 per bunch
-Hy Vee Greek Yogurt: 10 yogurts for $9.00
-Hy Vee Soup: 4 cans of soup for $5.00
- Hy Vee frozen veggies: 77 cents a bag
- Red Seedless Grapes: $1.98 per pound
http://www.hy-vee.com/shop/WeeklyAd.aspx 

No comments:

Post a Comment