Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Keeping Active in Colder Weather

Now that it's colder out and the sun goes down shortly after school lets out it is getting harder and harder to find time to keep physically active.  The cold weather is also making me want to cuddle up on the couch with a good book or to catch the latest TV program.  HOWEVER as Super Snack Lady I know it is very important to stay active.  Check out the pictures below to see what I did on a recent Tuesday afternoon when I didn't have a school visit:


Super Snack Lady was all geared up for skating- mittens,
long sleeved shirt, hat are all recommended.  For
really young skaters I would also recommend
a helmet (I've seen bike helmets used, but a skating
helmet would probably be best).

Woosh!  There I go- Super Fast around the rink, while
being careful about my safety and keeping my balance.

Since I went in the middle of the afternoon when all
kids are in school I was the only one there.  I had a
blast though and enjoyed the music blaring
through the speakers! 
















If you want to ice skate the is one main option in the Cedar Rapids area.  I went to skate at the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena (Ice Arena website) which was affordably priced at $5 for skate rental and skating.  Not to mention that since it's inside then it doesn't matter what it's doing outside (hot or cold!) it's the same temperature inside!  Check it out on the weekends or even over winter break!



No comments:

Post a Comment